Emily Fowler Bemben
I strive to form a partnership to arrive at the best solution for you, and believe you are the expert of your own story. Understanding the importance of your background and how it has impacted your current symptoms and strengths, I am here to offer nonjudgmental expertise while shaping a unique solution for you. After meeting with me, I hope you will feel listened to and have a plan to start feeling lighter and happier in your day to day life.
Who am I?
● As a board-certified Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC), I am trained to evaluate, diagnose, and treat mental health concerns across the lifespan.
● Educated first as a counselor and nurse, I see patients holistically, consider multiple sources of symptoms, and always advocate for my clients.
● Experienced working in numerous settings with people who have gone through trauma.
● I hope to make mental health services more accessible to children, teens, and adults in diverse settings.
What mental health services can I offer?
● Assess and diagnose mental health concerns.
● Prescribe and manage medications mindfully, starting and changing medications at a pace each patient is comfortable with
● Provide psychotherapy alone or in conjunction with medication management, embedding therapeutic principles into each visit and offering supportive psychotherapy.
● Help address challenging behaviors at home, school, work, and in relationships without over-reliance on medications.
● Offer perspective on lifestyle changes around diet, exercise, sleep, meditation, and social connection.
● Screen and refer for physical health factors that may be complicating psychiatric diagnoses.